What is Health Insurance?
Health insurance is an insurance that cover cost of Medical and Surgical expenses of an Individual. Depending on the type of health insurance coverage, either the insured pays costs out-of-pocket and is then reimbursed, or the insurer makes payments directly to the provide
Take heart surgery, the cost of which today could vary in the region of Rs 1.5 lakhs to Rs 3 lakhs.
Estimates reveal that a heart surgery performed today @ Rs 2 lakhs will cost over Rs 3.22 lakhs after 5 years. After 10 years it will be Rs 5.19 and Rs 8.35 lakhs after 15 years.
For an individual who hasn’t saved that much money, arranging for funds at the eleventh hour can be a task. This is particularly daunting for seniors, given that most ailments strike at an advanced age.
These essential health benefits include at least the following items and services:
- the kind you get without being admitted to a hospital
- Trips to the emergency room
- Treatment in the hospital for inpatient care
- Care before and after your baby is born
- Mental health and substance use disorder services: This includes behavioral health treatment, counseling, and psychotherapy.
- Your prescription drugs.
- Services and devices to help you recover if you are injured, or have a disability or chronic condition. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychiatric rehabilitation, and more.
- Your lab tests.
- Preventive services including counseling, screenings, and vaccines to keep you healthy and care for managing a chronic disease.
- Pediatric services: This includes dental care and vision care for kids.
- Photos Of All Applicant
- Medical History of All Applicants
- Cheque of Proposer with Printed Name
- ID & Address proof of All Applicants
- Latest Medical tests, if available.
Health Insurance FAQ
Do I need to have auto Insurance??Yes, the Motor Vehicle Act states that every motor vehicle plying on the road has to be insured, with a Liability Only policy at the very least.
Can I buy Motor Insurance policy online?Yes. You can now purchase HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance online by using your Credit Card or online bank account.
Can I renew other Insurer policy with HDFC ERGO online?Yes. Simply log on to www.hdfcergo.com and provide minimum details of your expiring policy and buy HDFC ERGO Insurance Policy online. Also avail benefits of the No Claim Bonus earned by you in full.
Can I renew my Motor policy online?Yes, you can renew your HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance policy online by using your credit card or bank account.
What is a cover note?A cover note is a temporary Insurance document establishing proof of Insurance with which you can register your vehicle. A cover note is valid for 60 days from the date of its issuance and is replaced by an Insurance policy.
What are the different types of auto Insurance available?There are 2 types of covers available:
Liability Only cover - insures you against any legal liability following an accident involving your vehicle. It does not cover any damage to your vehicle.
Package cover - Insures all liabilities, as per the Motor Vehicles Act, as well as damages caused to your vehicle.